The Private tour of Knossos Minoan Palacefrom
Discover the Minoan palace of Knossos & the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion in a private, guided, historical tour with the local experts.
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Explore Europe’s oldest city
- Walking in Heraklion city centre
- Unique museum exhibits and artefacts
- Learn everything from a local licensed guide
- Interactive guiding with educational material
- Learn about the Minoans and their every-day life
- Analytic descriptions for the ancient history of Crete
- Discover the secrets of the most ancient civilization in Europe
Follow us and explore the oldest city of Europe and the first organized human civilization, the Minoans. Discover the greatness of the ancient Minoans and walk around the old stone-paths of Knossos, the cradle of Minoan civilization.
The palace of Knossos, the centre of Minoan civilization, was constituted the main force of the island’s population during the Bronze Age. Their society and the palace were possibly destroyed at the explosion of the Santorini Volcano. The excavation conducted by Arthur Evans 1900-1913 and 1922-1930 brought to light the grand palace of Knossos, along with other significant findings of immense importance concerning the culture and the life of the Minoans, which are, as of yet, kept at the archaeological museum of Heraklion.
In this private tour, you’ll have the chance to explore the most important monuments of the site such as The Palace of Knossos, the Little Palace, the Royal Villa, house of the Frescoes, Caravanserai, the “Unexplored Mansion”, the Temple Tomb, the House of the High Priest, the South Mansion, the Villa of Dionysos etc.
The trip starts from Chania (or any other region of Crete upon request). The pick-up is from your hotel’s lobby. Heading to Heraklion, which is approximately 2 hours away, you’ll enjoy the route and beautiful surroundings. The first stop is the palace of Knossos, and a tour by a professional licensed local guide is following. After the palace tour, you’ll reach the centre of Heraklion, and the tour of the archaeological museum starts. You’ll also have plenty of time to eat and shop. After approximately 3-4 hours stay in Heraklion, we head back to Chania (or any other Crete region).
If you wish to explore more options return to the Cultural & Historical Tours page.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Bottled water per person
- English speaking, local driver
- Licensed and professional local guide
- Ancient city and museum entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus/minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Tour starts from
*For pick-up from any other region of Crete, please contact us. Rates are lower if the tour starts from Rethymno, Heraklion or Lasithi due to the smaller distances.
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 8-9 hours
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing & shoes
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket
Meals & Alternatives
Vegetarian - Vegan- Allergies
- Meals (when included) usually contain traditional Cretan recipes.
- Appetizers, main courses and desserts will usually be served in platters according to the local way of eating.
- We can offer vegetarian – vegan alternatives, but we require prior notice during reservation.
- The client has the responsibility to inform the company in advance of any food allergies to find suitable alternatives if possible.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed for children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old.
* Your hotel’s lobby
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Clients are obliged to use masks during their stay on the bus. (Masks will be provided from the company)
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can participate up to 18 travelers maximum on a trip. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.