Private tour – Discover the Pure Cretan Olive Oil, Wine & Beerfrom
Experience one of the best winery tours of Chania. Taste the local wine, beer & olive oil and live a memorable vineyard journey
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
- Taste the pure Cretan Olive oil
- Learn about the beer brewing process
- Beer tasting in different fresh beer samples
- Travel through incredible nature landscapes
- Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes and vine growing.
- Visit an olive mill & learn everything about olive oil production.
The tour starts by visiting an innovative olive mill, where all production steps and details are described thoroughly by local experts. You will learn about the extra Cretan Virgin Olive Oil, which is known worldwide. This olive mill produces an exceptional product beyond the known quality standards. The guided tour at the facilities near Kolymvari starts from an olive grove with the excellent olive trees of “Koroneiki” variety.
The last part is inside the bottling unit. You can taste more than three different extra virgin olive oils of varying quality category or certification. Little secrets on storage, best use and healthy attributes can be discussed, as well.
The journey continues with a beautiful drive in nature till the next stop at the local winery. You will learn about the wine varieties of the traditional family winery, established in 1998, with specialized knowledge on winemaking and fresh ideas for modern processes of farming and wine production. Their wine portfolio consists of white wines made from Soultanine, Malagouzia, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc and red wines from Cabernet, Syrah, Merlot, Grenache Rouge, Kotsifali, Sangiovese, Refosco, Nebbiolo and Tempranillo. You will have the opportunity to taste five different wines with all the typical characteristics for every variety they belong to. Also, they give these wines a specific twist which will reveal the winery’s distinctiveness. This is achieved because the location of the vineyards combines medium altitude with sea proximity. After this unique wine experience, you will leave Kolymmbari behind and move on to a different area.
The next stop will be at the brewhouse in Zounaki village, where the creation of full-flavoured, pure beers without preservatives or additives is made. An experienced guide will inform you of the raw materials used in brewing. Learn every stage of the brewing process through which you can experience the rich aromas and different malts.
This tour finishes with the beer tasting part straight from the tanks. Learn about the origin of flavours found in different beer styles and taste four fresh beer samples accompanied by Cretan breadsticks.
If you wish to explore more options return to the Wine & Food Tours page.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/escort and wine specialists
- Wine and food tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Beer Tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Every day on request
Tour starts from
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 6-7 hours
Pick up times
09:00-09:30 – Always from your hotel’s lobby
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing & shoes
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
Meals & Alternatives
Vegetarian - Vegan- Allergies
- Meals (when included) usually contain traditional Cretan recipes.
- Appetizers, main courses and desserts will usually be served in platters according to the local way of eating.
- We can offer vegetarian – vegan alternatives, but we require prior notice during reservation.
- The client has the responsibility to inform the company in advance of any food allergies to find suitable alternatives if possible.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed for children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old.
Children 2-6 years old: Free
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Clients are obliged to use masks during their stay on the bus. (Masks will be provided from the company)
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 15 travelers on a trip but the average is 8-10. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
The most of our company’s vehicles are Mercedes-Benz and VolksWagen 7-9 seaters.
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.