Every Day Upon Request
Private Off-Road Tour to Balos Beachfrom
Visit the magnificent beach of Balos & experience the Cretan wild landscape like never before. This off-road safari and the turquoise crystal waters of Balos will be the highlights of your vacations.
This is a private safari tour runs every day upon request
Price per person: 120€
For reservations please email us
Or Call Us
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Medium Group
- Visit Balos beach by car
- Once a life-time experience
- Adventurous off-road experience
- Hike the mountain and reach Balos on foot
- Incredible natural landscapes & sea views
- Magnificent panoramic view of the lagoon
- Experience the turquoise crystal water of Balos lagoon
- Swim to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world
Through this authentic safari tour, you will have the chance to visit Balos Lagoon in privacy and comfort. You don’t have to schedule your entire day according to the ferryboats’ departures.
Your private escort-driver, with a comfortable off-road vehicle, will pick you up from the hotel, and you will enjoy an exciting sightseeing tour on parts of North-Western Crete, listening to local stories and enjoy the panoramic views of the area. After Kissamos, we will drive along on an off-road route at Gramvousa peninsula until we reach a specific spot at the top, above Balos Lagoon, There we have to park the vehicle since the road stops. From there, your escort will direct you to follow a hiking route about 30 to 40 minutes down to the mountainside until you reach Balos Lagoon. Find a cosy place on one of the white sandy beaches of Balos and spend 2 hours there discovering the area and swimming in the crystal clear waters of Balos. On the way back up to the parking and following the same hiking route of 30 to 40 minutes, you will have many opportunities for lifetime memorable panoramic photos of Balos Lagoon and Gramvousa island from above!
Your lunch packages will be provided by us, as well as a bottle of water, ready to take with you down to the beach. The day closes with a smooth ride through the North coastline of West Crete back to your hotel or villa, or accommodation.
It is a unique premium escape, an exciting adventure to visit Balos Lagoon and Gramvousa Peninsula, swimming in crystal clear waters, embraced by the renowned Greek hospitality and enjoying the sights and professional but relaxed service!!
If you wish to explore more options return to the Pemium Safari Tours page.
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seated) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- Lunch box & bottled water
- Liability Insurance and local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Towels or cost of sunbeds in Balos lagoon
Tour starts from
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 7-8 hours
Pick up times
Depending your hotel location in Chania area
Tour starts around 9am
*We recommend you to be at the pick-up area (your hotel or the pre-arranged meeting point) 5-10 minutes prior to your pick up time. Our driver/escort will be on time to welcome you and show your seat.
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking boots or athletic shoes
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- Towel & Swimming suit
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket
Meals & Alternatives
Give a look
- Meals (when included) usually contain traditional Cretan recipes.
- Appetizers, main courses and desserts will usually be served in platters according to the local way of eating.
- We can offer vegetarian – vegan alternatives, but we require prior notice during reservation.
- The client has the responsibility to inform the company in advance of any food allergies to find suitable alternatives if possible.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed for children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old.
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Clients are obliged to use masks during their stay on the bus. (Masks will be provided from the company)
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 30 travelers on a trip but the average is 15-20. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
Land Rover Defender Jeeps
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at email@example.com
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.