One day trip to Santorini islandfrom
Explore Santorini’s endless beauties. Thousand sunsets, a thousand memories, a thousand heartbeats, colors of blue red & gold streaking the sky … this is Santorini island … Poets have written about it, artists attempt to capture its beauty. Nothing can quite describe … the unsurpassed magic of Santorini. Departure by bus from Chania & Rethymno and sail to the volcanic island. Guided tours at Fyra & Oia.
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Beach, Discovery, Family, Fun, Swim
Group Size Large Group
- Optional trip to the volcano
- Once in a life-time experience
- Swim in the crystal clear waters
- Explore one of the most beautiful islands of Greece
- Discover the beauties of Santorini without overnight
- Tour in two of the most picturesque towns of Greece – Oia and Fira
Santorini is one of the most beautiful islands of the Aegean Sea. It is the largest island of a small, circular archipelago that bears the same name and is a volcanic caldera remnant. Santorini is essentially what remains after an enormous volcanic eruption that destroyed the earliest settlements on a formerly single island and created the current geological caldera. A giant central, rectangular lagoon, surrounded by 300 m (980 ft) high cliffs, offers us the unique views of today’s Santorini.
Our day-cruise starts from Chania by bus and boards the boat from Rethymnon port every Tuesday and Saturday. The ship needs approximately two hours to reach the island, and we will stay there for 6 hours. Upon your arrival at the port of Athinion, our local knowledgable and friendly guides will help you get on buses to start your tour. We will visit the picturesque Oia and the capital of the island, Fira. There is also an optional cruise to the volcano, but you need to inform your guide about your participation on the spot.
There is a unique beauty in Santorini. Every single alley, the beautiful churches, the white and blue houses, the endless views will take your breath away. The people are hospitable and friendly and the food & wine delicious. It is a small island, and in one day you can see most of it. We will depart in the afternoon (after 17:00) for the port of Rethymnon and then return you to your hotels or meeting spots in Chania by bus.
If you wish to explore more options return to the Boat Trips & Sea Tours page.
- Boat ticket
- City tour
- English speaking Guide
- Vat and fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Cruise on the volcano (optional)
April to October
Every Tuesday and Saturday
Tour starts from
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 14-15 hours
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing & shoes
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
- A swimsuit and a beach towel
Pick up times
The exact pick up time depends on hotel location or meeting point.
*We recommend you to be at the pick-up area (your hotel or the pre-arranged meeting point) 5-10 minutes prior to your pick up time. Our driver/escort will be on time to welcome you and show your seat.
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Clients are obliged to use masks during their stay on the bus. (Masks will be provided from the company)
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.
Children up to 12 years old: 85€
Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.