01/04/2017-15/11/2017: Monday – Thursday – Sunday
Jeep Safari – Explore the White Mountains of Crete
Enjoy incredible off-road routes and live unforgettable adventures…
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
- Explore the heart of White Mountains
- Visit an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato: at 1400m
- Winery tour with tasting
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine
- Enjoy unique panoramic views of Chania
- Visit the art gallery of the winery
- Discover the history and mythology of Crete
- Live the adventure of a Jeep Safari
A unique combination of wine tasting in one of the most famous vineyards of Crete, the historical heritage and tradition of the Island and learn all about the country-life of a Cretan shepherd by exploring an original shepherd’s hut called “Mitato”. Enjoy the incredible panoramic view of Chania from above and meet the wildlife of Crete with fully equipped Land Rovers.
Arriving at the Vineyard, you will learn everything about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing and how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meats or cheeses before proceeding to the winery and the underground cellars. The friendly and well-trained staff will tour us around the vineyards and winery. You will enjoy walking around while you soak up the local flavor and culture of the wines.
Our amazing off-road adventure starts, climbing up the White Mountains and passing through the historical village Meskla which is situated under plane trees, beside the river Keritis. On the way up to the shepherd’s “Mitato” you will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of northern Crete and if we are lucky eagles and wild goats will show up and give us a very good reason for some extra photo stops.
Arriving at the famous from the Cretan Revolution village, Therisso and working up an appetite we visit a small traditional tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner, to introduce us to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality. A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point 1350 meters in altitude, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd and explore his original Shepherd’s hut “Mitato”.
There will be free time for taking photos and exploring the area. On our way back we will pass through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us to the city of Chania.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Multi-language group guide-drivers
- Special Equipped 4×4 Land Rover Defenders Jeeps
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine
- A visit to an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato”
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Pick up times
Depending your hotel location in Chania area
- 8:00 Kalives
- 8:15 Chania Town
- 8:15 Kolymbari
- 8:30 Golden Beach
- 8:40 Agia Marina
- 8:45 Platanias
Distance: 110 Km
Altitude Dif: 1350m
Terms & Conditions
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from car sickness, fear of heights or bumpy roads, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 8 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a Jeep tour.
- Wine tasting is not allowed for participants under 18 years old. (Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead).
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes (for example trekking shoes or sandals), camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made in advance, no later than 24 hours before departure. A cancellation must be done 5 days before departure. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
Give a look
- The trip is ideal for everyone who´s looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
- The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone´s convenience.
- In order for the company to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. That also counts for any kind of food allergy, and only when possible to find suitable alternatives.
Create your Private Jeep Safari Tour With Us
Above mentioned prices are for group participation. If you wish to book your own Jeep for a private Jeep Safari tour with only your family or perhaps colleagues, we will be happy to give you prices and ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
Children 8-12 years old: 47€
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 30 travelers on a trip but the average is 15-20. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
Land Rover Defender Jeeps
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.