Premium Safari Tour – The Secrets of Cretan Wine and Olive Oilfrom
Explore the Cretan mainland on a Jeep/Land Rover. Panoramic views, off-road routes, traditional villages & beautiful nature landscapes!
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Medium Group
- Visit a winery and taste its best local wines.
- Taste the olive oil by visiting an olive mill
- Admire the world’s most ancient olive tree
- Tour with premium & safe off-road vehicles
- Enjoy the delicious traditional Cretan lunch.
- Explore the Cretan mainland and its charming villages
- Join the small-group tour for a personalized experience
Discover the most valuable and hidden treasures of the Cretan mainland and learn everything about the local wine, olives and an immense diversity of Cretan tastes in a premium small-group safari tour. Your tour escorts will introduce you to the elements of Cretan culture, lifestyle and everyday life now and through the centuries. With this tour, you will pass through many traditional Cretan villages and explore the mainland like never before.
Our safari starts with a morning pick up from your hotel or a near meeting point and heading towards Terra Creta olive mill. There, the local experts will guide you through the mill’s facilities and let you taste the extra virgin olive oil they produce. After the olive mill’s informative and tasty tour, we will visit one of the best local wineries for a mouthwatering tasting experience. We first tour around the winery and learn much exciting information about Crete’s viniculture and wine-making traditions. As soon as you finish the tour and tasting, be ready for time travel. At the village of Ano Vouves lies a 3000 years old olive tree. It’s considered the world’s most ancient one. You will have the chance to admire the enormous tree and learn its history by visiting the museum nearby.
The off-road adventure begins. We will drive towards Sebronas village, and we cross a gorge with a charming river nestled amongst blooming vegetation and panoramic views. There, we will have plenty of time and chances to get photos of scenic chapels, local animals like sheep, goats, bees, and stunning vineyards, olive groves & meadows on our way through the gorge. After our adventurous route, we arrive at a small village called Nea Roumata. There you will be introduced to Cretan gastronomy with plenty of local food and let you feel the very essence of the famous Cretan hospitality. On our way back, we will follow an easy asphalt route through orange and lemon groves before reaching back to Chania town.
If you wish to explore more options return to the Pemium Safari Tours page.
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Premium off-road vehicles (7 or 9 seated) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- Entrance fees for the olive mill tour and tasting
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Coffee or beers or refreshments in tavern