Exclusive Manousakis Winery and Vineyard Tour
Explore the high vineyards following the off road route and live unique wine adventures…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
- Select the best way to taste delicious wines
- Visit the traditional Manousakis family winery
- Visit the amazing cellar
- Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Walk through the vineyards and pure nature
- Enjoy unique panoramic views
- Visit the art gallery of the winery
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meat or cheese
- Discover the history and mythology of Crete
- Live the adventure of a Jeep Safari
One of our newest and most popular tours! We recently partnered up with Manousakis Winery and we are happy to be able to offer -for the first time ever- private tours to the beautiful Manousakis vineyards! Join us in our most unique wine experience where you can see the production of wine from the beginning until the end and then enjoy it. Our vineyard tours can be accompanied by a simple tasting, cheese platter, light lunch or full lunch depending on your request.
We start our Safari trip with a unique wine experience. Firstly, we visit the hill of Vatolakos where Manousakis vineyards are, through an exciting off road route up to the top of the hill in 660 meters altitude! This magnificent location with a panoramic view of the north part of Crete accompanied with the natural environment, the vineyards and the fresh air retaliates with the best feeling ever. We continue our expert guided tour visiting the Manousakis winery. Starting from the traditional old residence of Manousakis family we continue with a nice walk to the beautiful garden of the old and new winery. At the production facility you will learn about the wine making process and visit bottling line, the cellar where the wines are kept and aged. A wine tasting with all available wines accompanied either by local treats, a cheese platter or light lunch will conclude this unique experience.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Multi-language group guide-drivers and wine experts.
- Special Equipped 4×4 Land Rover Defenders Jeeps
- Entrance fees for the winery tour
- Tasting accompanied by either simple tasting, cheese platter, light lunch or full lunch according to your request
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
1/4/2017 – 1/11/2017: Daily Departures On Request
2/11/2016 – 31/03/2017: Week Days
Pick up times
Depending your hotel location in Chania area
08:00 – 08:30
10:00 – 10:30
12:00 – 12:30
Distance: 60 km
Altitude Dif: 700m
Terms & Conditions
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from car sickness, fear of heights or bumpy roads, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 8 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a Jeep tour.
- Wine tasting is not allowed for participants under 18 years old. (Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead).
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes (for example trekking shoes or sandals), camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made in advance, no later than 24 hours before departure. A cancellation must be done 5 days before departure. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
Give a look
- The trip is ideal for everyone who´s looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
- The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone´s convenience.
- In order for the company to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. That also counts for any kind of food allergy, and only when possible to find suitable alternatives.
Create your Private Jeep Safari Tour With Us
Above mentioned prices are for group participation. If you wish to book your own Jeep for a private Jeep Safari tour with only your family or perhaps colleagues, we will be happy to give you prices and ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
Prices and Tours Options
Choose what suits you
- Vineyard Tour with Simple Tasting: 55.00€ Adults aged 18-up / 47.00€ Childs aged from 3-17
- Vineyard Tour with Cheese Platter: 69.00€ Adults aged 18-up / 55.00€ Childs aged from 3-17
- Vineyard Tour with Light Lunch: 79.00€ Adults aged 18-up / 65.00€ Childs aged from 3-17
- Vineyard Tour with Full Lunch: 87.00€ Adults aged 18-up / 69.00€ Childs aged from 3-17
The above tasting included 5 wines, the prices are for group participation and we require minimum number of 2 participants to start a tour.
- Premium Tasting with 9 wines can be arranged with an extra cost of 15€ per person
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 30 travelers on a trip but the average is 15-20. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
Land Rover Defender Jeeps
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.