Douliana and Almyrida Nature Walkfrom
Enjoy this beautiful nature path & learn everything about Crete’s flora & fauna. Walk in nature and discover charming Cretan villages.
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeBeach, Discovery, Family, Fun, Hiking, Nature, Walking
- Visit traditional Cretan villages & see the mainland.
- Learn everything about the flora & fauna of Crete
- Delicious gastronomy experiences at a local restaurant
- Swim at the north coast of Chania and enjoy the sunshine
- Enjoy walking through nature and stunning green landscapes.
- Explore a magnificent natural path with beautiful surroundings.
One of the best ways to explore the mainland of Crete is on foot! This nature walk takes place in Apokoronas, the Eastern province of Chania. There is something unique in this area. The nature around and the history of the region have many things to teach. The natural and historical monuments of Apokoronas are waiting for you to explore.
The tour starts from Douliana, a charming village lost into nature, walking to Almyrida on the North coast of Chania. The route through the wilderness is magnificent. There are plenty of flowers, plants and trees. There is a lot to explain about this place’s flora and fauna, and you will find amazing landscapes to take pictures and memories of. Agios Ioannis’ church that you will see during the route, covered with plants, is a beautiful, peaceful and historical place. You will always enjoy the view of the mountains in the South and the sea view in the North.
It is an easy and safe walking route. You will need only 1-1.5 hour to reach Almyrida. There you will have the chance to swim and enjoy the crystal clear water of the North coast. After that, we will drive you to Fres village to have traditional Cretan lunch at a local “kafeneio” (meze-tapas restaurant). This tour will fill your soul with energy and happiness, and you will gain many beautiful memories from these charming places!
If you wish to explore more options return to the Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Adventures page.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver
- English speaking escort
- Bottled water per person
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus/minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private tour
- Traditional Cretan lunch
- Photos taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Tour starts from
If you wish a pick up from another region of Crete, please contact us for availability & rates
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 6-7 hours
- 09:00-09:30 am
We will pick you up from your hotel’s lobby.
- 09:00-09:30 am
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing & shoes
- An extra pair of socks & T-shirt
- Swimming suit & towel
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket
Meals & Alternatives
Vegetarian - Vegan- Allergies
- Meals (when included) usually contain traditional Cretan recipes.
- Appetizers, main courses and desserts will usually be served in platters according to the local way of eating.
- We can offer vegetarian – vegan alternatives, but we require prior notice during reservation.
- The client has the responsibility to inform the company in advance of any food allergies to find suitable alternatives if possible.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed for children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old.
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Clients are obliged to use masks during their stay on the bus. (Masks will be provided from the company)
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.