Discover the Miracle of Wine and Olive Oilfrom
Experience one of the best winery tours of Chania. Taste the local wine & olive oil and live a memorable vineyard journey!
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 5 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
- A family olive mill & winery
- Taste the famous Cretan extra virgin olive oil
- Visit the monumental olive tree in Chania
- A second winery for tour and tasting
- Ten samples of wine, olive oil tasting and light lunch is included
- Taste exceptional varieties of Cretan and international wines
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Delicious gastronomy experiences
- Small-group tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience.
- Discover the culture, traditions, history and mythology of Crete
Today you will travel through wonderful nature’s landscapes. Up to the mountains of the Northwest province of Chania, you will visit a traditional family winery and olive mill.
You will have a tour for learning about the modern machinery and the fully automated bottling line, the standardization facility and a purpose-built warehouse with stainless steel tanks. After that, you will have the chance to admire the monumental olive tree in Chania area, which age is estimated at 3000 years old and the olive museum. The miracle of nature stands proud in front of you, and its deep roots are holding it through the centuries.
The day continues with wine. You will taste different expressions of Cretan and international varieties paired with delicious local dishes. Visit a local family winery in a beautiful environment, surrounded by olive trees and citrus fruits. Wine specialists will analyze the harvesting process and the wine-making traditions through the tour around the place. Tasting is following and experiences of different local varieties. Wine-makers with specialized knowledge and fresh ideas of modern processes of farming and wine production will introduce you to different labels of wines. Traditional Cretan light lunch in the winery paired with wine will make you fall in love with this special place. Diving deep into nature’s miracle, tasting awarded wine labels and experience the local Terroir will offer you unforgettable experiences and beautiful memories from your trip.
If you wish to explore more options return to the Wine & Food Tours page.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Bottled water per person
- English speaking, local driver/escort and wine specialist
- Wine and food tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- All fees and local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus/minivan
- Traditional Cretan Light-lunch
- Small-group tour (up to 20pax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Every day except Sundays
Tour starts from
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 6-7 hours
Pick up points- times
- 08:45 – Kriti hotel
- 08:50 – Quick Film
- 09:00 – SanSal Boutique Hotel
- 09:05 – Sunny Rent Car
- 09:15 – Loca Cafe
- 09:30 – Kalamaki, Stalos, Agia Marina, Platanias, Maleme, Tavronitis
*We recommend you to be at the pick-up area (your hotel or the pre-arranged meeting point) 5-10 minutes prior to your pick up time. Our driver/escort will be on time to welcome you and show your seat.
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing & shoes
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
Meals & Alternatives
Vegetarian - Vegan- Allergies
- Meals (when included) usually contain traditional Cretan recipes.
- Appetizers, main courses and desserts will usually be served in platters according to the local way of eating.
- We can offer vegetarian – vegan alternatives, but we require prior notice during reservation.
- The client has the responsibility to inform the company in advance of any food allergies to find suitable alternatives if possible.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed for children and teenagers under the age of 18 years old.
Infants: 0-2 years old: Free
Children: 3-11 years old: 75€
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 15 travelers on a trip but the average is 8-10. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
Mercedes Van /Minibus
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at email@example.com
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.
Overall a really great tour! Seeing the oldest olive tree was great! Our tour guide was fantastic. The first Vinyard we stopped at was better, but a great tour overall. I don't think it's a necessity in Crete as you can get many of these wines in the area...
I thought the wine tour we went on was great. The history of Crete was well described by the driver. It's clear that him and his dad love showing off their beautiful island and truly like to entertain guests. The only thing I would improve, is the wine tasting itself. The wines were all beautiful, but I would have liked a little more walk through while doing the tasting. For example, pour the wine for all and then prompt the group for smells and then tastes, etc... That way everyone is on the same tasting step at the same time. I understand it may be hard for larger groups, but I wanted to give the feedback. Again, we really enjoyed the tour, but we have done the above with other tours and it helped the group bond and added to the tasting experience overall.
We had an amazing day with Dmitris in Crete. Dmitris seems to know everyone in town. Everyone greets him warmly. He picked us up at our villa, and we began with a walking tour of Old Chania town, where we learned history, viewed the beautiful town and port, and, happy to customize the tour to our interests, took us to visit the tiny synagogue. Then we drove a scenic road to a small village and visited an olive oil mill and winery, where we had delicious wine tastings with snacks. Dmitris' son Yannis, also an excellent guide, was leading another group, and we all went out for a meal together at a beautiful restaurant with incredible views. GS Tours has many options, and will accommodate your requests. We loved the day, and felt that we made true friends with Dmitris and Yannis. We all highly recommend them.
Our guide was delightful and escorted us to EXACTLY the kind of places and scenes we desired. It really gave us insight into how the locals live, worship, and relax. Plus the trikkes were fun. I would highly recommend this to families. Informative and most reasonably priced.
Excellent wine tour also olive oil with history and museums within the tour!!! Amazing value for money and excellent customer service!!!