Skines Cycling Tour – The valley of Oranges & Olivesfrom
Cycle through a magnificent nature route & enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the Cretan Mainland. An amazing bike tour in the evergreen valley of Chania.
This is a medium half-day tour runs every Tuesday & Friday at 09:00 am
Adult price per person: 52€
Children price per person: 32€
For reservations please email us
Or Call Us
All pick-up points for this tour are within Chania region. For pick-up from the other regions in Crete, please contact us.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
Tour Highlights & Route Info
- Half-day cycling tour
- Distance: ~45 km
- Elevation Gain: 520m
- Elevation Lost: 500m
- Min Elevation: 5m
- Max Elevation: 160m
- Extras: incl. Cretan meze
- Enjoy the fantastic natural route.
- Discover the orange fields around you
- Speedy downhill for experienced riders
This is a bike tour for intermediate riders, perfect for active adults and teenagers at an average fitness level. You can expect a pleasant route through the mainland of Chania, a few off-road paths and some steeper & faster downhill parts.
During this exciting & active bike tour, we will ride among the beautiful orange groves of Skines through small countryside asphalt roads and well preserved agricultural paths (30%). On our way, we will find the river Mavros and the beautiful surrounding natural environment will make you feel the spirit of this island with all your senses. You will also have the chance to visit some traditional Cretan villages and explore some unknown Orthodox chapels from another era.
One of the best parts of this tour is the tastings. You can taste some oranges, avocados or kiwis right off the tree and surprise your palate with its pure taste. Afterwards, you can enjoy some local refreshments (included) at the village’s coffee shop and take some rest before we continue our route. Finally, we will cycle to the top of the Coastal Chain, where we start our downhill through stunning nature & endless olive groves back to Agia Marina (no service van).
This tour is suitable for active weekend bikers and kids above 14 years old who have already had a little experience with trekking or mountain bikes before and feel secure enough to manage about 44 km without bus support.
If you like to explore more cycling tours, return to the Cycling Tours page.
- English speaking experienced bike – guides
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Quality Mountain bikes (24-27 gears and front suspension)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals – snacks
April to October
Every Tuesday & Friday
Tour starts from
Duration of the tour
Including pick-up and drop-off time
Approximately 4-5 hours
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please Read Carefully
- Reservations must be made 12 hours before the tour. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the tour for a full refund. In the case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company
- If a tour is cancelled due to low participation or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In the case of allergies, tolerances or food preferences, please inform the company in advance.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in unfavourable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Regular Stops – There are stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone’s convenience. If a client feels sick or it is necessary to stop, please inform your driver accordingly.
What to bring with you for this tour
...except your best mood & smile :)
- A bottle of water
- Don’t carry heavy bags with you
- Your Camera
- Comfortable clothing & shoes
- Sunscreen & hat during summer months
- During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket
Further to the Government’s announcements, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, to keep our guests safe and healthy, our staff will be intensely and detailed trained to meet all the requirements. The company has fully complied with all the Government’s necessary measures, The WHO and the National Public Health Organisation.
- Our fleet will be thoroughly cleaned and hygiene after each transfer and trip. All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls etc., are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
- Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and themselves.
- Hand sanitizers antiseptic will be provided during clients’ embarkation
- Clients are obliged to use masks during their stay on the bus. (Masks will be provided from the company)
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change but are strictly followed at all times.
Children up to 12 years old : 32€
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 15 travelers for this tour. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
Mountainbikes (24-27 gears and front sunspension)
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe.
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
If your group consists of 6 or more people, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at email@example.com
As you can expect some landmarks take more time to get to on coach tours and some are more time-consuming than others. With this in mind, we have no set time for the exploration of each attraction. Our tour guides are trained to watch how their group progresses at each landmark and they adjust each tour accordingly. You should keep in mind that some tours cover three landmarks over a single day, so there are a limited number of hours in which to do a lot of sightseeing. Consequently, you may not have an extensive amount of time to spend at each attraction.
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
Any items we find on our coaches are taken to our office at Episkopou Chrysanthou 37 str. Chania old town and are kept there for 72 hours before being destroyed or given to charity. Please call our office on +30 28210 43243 for any lost items.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.