Cooking Lessons in Chania – The Real Cretan Cooking Experience
Join us and live an incredible journey through the Cretan cuisine and culture…
Reviews 6 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
- Introduction and welcome drink
- Vegetable picking from our own garden
- Walking up to the mountain paths and exploring nature
- Cooking lessons in traditional Cretan recipes
- Taught in the private home kitchen of a local
- Hear the stories and origins behind each dish
- Secret rooms will present Crete through the ages
- Preparing the appetizers and dessert
- Wine tasting combined with cheese platters in Cretan varieties
- Savor the freshly made dinner along with good Cretan wine
- Discovering the secrets of the healthy Mediterranean diet
- Enjoying the fantastic view of Aegean Sea and the mountain around
- A nice surprise at the end
- Guiding by the place owners
Follow us to the extraordinary journey through the Cretan flavors and taste the real Cretan way of life. Up in the high peaks of the White Mountains you will prepare some traditional and extremely tasty home-made dishes. Using only healthy bio and organic Cretan ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil, fresh vegetables picked from our own garden, local meat, dairy products and the most aromatic herbs.
You will have the chance to walk around our vegetable gardens to see, feel, smell, touch and taste the pure products of Mother Earth. Your host will also reveal the secrets of local herbs, how the Cretan olive oil affects the people’s health and useful tips about the local products you will use. You will prepare a traditional Cretan recipe with your own hands, learn how Cretans cook.
After the magnificent cooking experience you will taste delicious Cretan wine paired with local cheese. The view of the mountain is breathtaking right out of our window. Enjoying the extraordinary wine you will feel just like it’s the heaven on earth! Later, after the tasting you will prepare some appetizers like “Ntakos” and “Tzatziki” and of course, the popular Cretan Cheese-pies “Kalitsouni”. Meanwhile the meal will be ready. You will taste your own dishes, paired with fruity local wine and taste some traditional jar desserts at the end. The healthy and unique Mediterranean diet and the well known Cretan food, has already been revealed in front of your eyes.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Wine and food tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group cooking class
- Cooking lesson and meal
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Commemorative gifts
- Recipes and photos taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
- Gratuities (optional)
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Pick up times
Terms & Conditions
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
- In case of allergies or food preferences please inform the company in advance.
Create Your Private Tour With Us
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
Every Day Upon Request (Min pax: 4)
Children 2-12 years old : 55€
We keep our group sizes low so you have the freedom to move around and get involved with your surroundings, as well as more personal attention from our local guides. This intimate size ensures that your group will not crowd your experience. You can expect up to 15 travelers on a trip but the average is 8-10. Check individual trip pages for maximum group sizes.
It’s extremely difficult if not impossible to join a tour after it has begun. It is possible to leave a tour early however you will be responsible for your own arrangements from the moment you decide to leave the tour. You would also be responsible for all costs associated with joining a tour late or leaving one early. If you feel this may be necessary please consult a Fabulous Crete Specialist before you book your adventure.
The most of our company’s vehicles are Mercedes-Benz and VolksWagen 7-9 seaters.
For privacy reasons we cannot provide you with advance details on your traveling companions. However, our tours appeal to a wide range of travellers, most of whom share an adventurous spirit and a desire to experience these destinations at a grass-roots level. Our tours are conducted in English and so they attract many travellers from North America, UK, Australia and Europe
The availability listed on our website is updated every minute however on some tours we must confirm arrangements with our people on the ground, a process which usually takes no more than 24 hours. When you book online you will receive a follow-up email confirming your arrangements or a timeframe for when they will be confirmed.
The security that comes from knowing your trip is locked-in is a feeling that can’t be topped. We like that feeling – so much, so that we figured everyone should have it.
Every departure is guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it, you’re going. Guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by us for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues). Promise.
All documentation is sent electronically by email. Shortly after we receive your payment we will send you your initial documents. Final documentation will be sent by email no later than two days prior to the departure.
Yes, all of our Tour Managers and Tour Drivers speak English, some speak additional languages as well, but your tour will be conducted in English
You will automatically receive an e-voucher to your email address. Please print your voucher/ticket or keep a picture to your mobile phone which contains your unique reference number. Please remember to bring this with you on the day. You will not be allowed entrance to an attraction without a valid ticket.
If there is any problem with your booking or payment details, we will contact you on the telephone number or email address stated in your booking. Sometimes tours may not operate due to insufficient numbers, and we may need to contact you to advise you of any such changes.
All entrance fees and costs are included in the tour price except unspecified fees.
If you book more than 2 tours with us, then please contact our friendly staff who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry and see what we can arrange for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
You could lose your seat to a walk-up passenger. We encourage you to arrive at the pickup point a minimum of 15 minutes before departure. Once on the tour, your guide or driver will give you a time that the coach will depart each location. You must be at the coach at least five minutes before this time. If you are late and miss the time given, the coach will depart without you in order to not keep the other passengers waiting. If you are in any doubt about a departure time whilst on your tour, you must ask the guide or driver.
5 days before the tour starts –> 50% refund, no refunds after that
35% Deposit on booking time and final payment 7 days before the tour date.