Cooking Class – Rethymno District
For those who are fond of tasting traditional dishes all over the world, a cooking lesson will be an ideal way to achieve that.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
For those who are fond of tasting traditional dishes all over the world, a cooking lesson will be an
ideal way to achieve that.
- We will start our tour by paying a visit to an olive oil factory to taste and learn about the procedure of extracting the extra virgin olive oil.
- Our arrival at the small and picturesque village of “Nippos” will be at 11:30, were we will have a short walk, for about 15 minutes, through the village.
- We will end up at the main square of the village and at the traditional kafeneio! The first glass of raki for the day will help us prepare for our cooking class.
- Mrs. Despoina, our lovely cook, will be waiting for us in order to start the traditional Cretan cooking class. Suit up and be impressed by the quality of our organic products. You will use products, literally picked up from the backyard of Mrs. Despoina’s garden and you will learn how to make delicious ntako (crumbled tomatoes on traditional brusquettes), the classic tzatziki, ntolmades and gemista (stuffed vegetables with rice and herbs). You will also prepare an authentic Greek salad. New adding on the menu: traditional kalitsounia( handmade cheese pies).You will learn how to make traditional phyllo dough, the stuffing and the cooking of them.
- After the cooking ends, dinner follows with meal prepared in advance by Mrs. Despoina. The main dish you will taste is usually chicken and potatoes in tomato sauce, a typical dish in every Cretan household, but we will leave it to mrs Despoina and check what she has made that day.. All this of course with unlimited raki, local wine (red or white) and …food stories. The dessert will by the typical of the Cretan diet, meaning fresh fruit or spoon sweet.
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off (Rethymno District)
- English, French-speaking guide
- Air-Conditioned bus transportation
- Cooking Lesson & Full Dinner
- Use of apron & cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your meal
- Printed Recipes
- Photos and videos sent to you for free electronically after the tour
All taxes, liability insurance, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Any day upon request, except weekends
Pick up times
Depending on the hotel.
Terms & Conditions
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours before the tour. A cancellation must be done 5 days before the tour. In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from the company.
- If a tour is cancelled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments.
Create your private tour with us
If you wish to book your own wine tour with your family or friends, we will be happy to create with you the schedule and give you some nice ideas for a memorable tour. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a unique offer.
Every Day Upon Request (Min pax: 4)
Children 5-12 years old: 38€
Children 0-5 years old: Free